Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Daddyji

On this day, i.e. July 18, 3 years back, I met my father in person for the last time. We all used to fondly call him "Daddyji". In his memory, I have written the following few lines.
Daddyji,
I still remember that day when you had told us all your desires. We have tried all our best to achieve that. And finally, we did in the 3rd of you not being there with us physically. We are sure that you will be smiling even more now. But, I miss you, Daddyji! I have written the following for you today:

Daddyji,
You have always been my cause of celebration,
Whether I did well at school,
Or played all my hearts at pool,
Or climbed as a toddler on stool,
Always in my subconscious,
You are the inspiration and the reason,
I merely acquire all those precious,
Just to make you smile and fusion.

Daddyji,
You have always been our hero,
You not only have changed your destiny,
But changed ours too,
Whenever we needed anything,
We all knocked at your door.
Whether you had or did not have,
You smilingly always granted our wish.
Though you always lived frugal,
But you gave us all the luxuries.
All we have now,
Are not ours, but yours.

Daddyji,
Now you are not here,
Yet, you inspire me,
Still you bestow on me,
What I need.
I know for sure,
That you still smile.
Smile when I achieve,
But feel really proud,
When I do what you always did,
Give when I can,
And give still when I can’t.
You were,
And you are still my role model,
Daddyji.

1 comment:

  1. thats very nice!!! :)im sure he is happy and proud of u!

    ReplyDelete